The Tapir is dark gray and the Porcupine is light brown. The Tapir is small in size but larger than the porcupine and the Porcupine's quills are small.
The Porcupine is stoic and professional, while the Tapir is loud and bombastic, narrating events with flair. The Porcupine is shown to be mildly annoyed by the Tapir, especially when he yells in his ear.
- Porcupine Game Announcer: "It is a beautiful day here in the Pit of Doom."
- Tapir Game Announcer: "A new player is coming off the bench! Could he be a secret weapon?"
- Porcupine Game Announcer: "I think it's the water boy!"
- Tapir Game Announcer: "And it looks like the secret weapon just backfired!"
- Porcupine Game Announcer. "Whoever gets the most nuts will take control over the entire brazil nut grove!"
- Porcupine Game Announcer. "The water boy is solving plain like a pro!"
- The tapir is incorrectly called an aardvark in the audio description for Rio 2. This is because tapirs are found in South America and aardvarks are found in Africa.