The Centro de Conservaçāo Ambiental (Centre for Environmental Conservation), often referred to as "Tulio's Aviary", is a location shown during Rio when Tulio takes Blu and Linda to meet Jewel. It is the name of a real bird sanctuary in Rio de Janeiro. This aviculture center brings in birds from various foundations for their safety, and those saved from smugglers. The staff there are pouring all their efforts into avian species conservation.
- This is where Blu and Jewel first met.
- Jewel strongly disliked the place, even though she was there for conservation purposes.
- This place was probably inspired by the Botanical Garden of Rio de Janeiro (Jardim Botânico do Rio de Janeiro), of which the architectural styling is similar.
- Ornithologists technically have the right to break into someone's home and confiscate their pet birds for emergency species conservation without their owners' permission by law, under dire conditions.
- In Rio, 36 different species of birds were shown at the center, including the Cockatoo, Parakeet, Spix's Macaw, and Finches.
- Ornithology is a branch of zoology that involves the study of birds, including macaws.
- It is unknown what the conservation center became following the ending of Rio. It's most likely that Tulio still runs it as a part-time job alongside his work at the Blu Bird Sanctuary.
- The translated name of the location is Centre for Environmental Conservation in English.
- When Tulio gives Linda his business card, the phone number on it reads (55) 21 5342-11004 and the extension reads 6345.
- The sanctuary was named by Carlos Saldanha, the director of Rio.
- Nigel acted sick so he could let the smugglers in to steal Blu and Jewel.
- Main article: Centro de Conservaçāo Ambiental/Gallery